Sunday, September 30, 2012

Last of September

What a month!  Today is the last day of September.  This month there has been 30 inches of rain, two hard frosts and lots of new snow in the mountains.  I hope that this is not setting Seward up for another winter like last winter.  I don't know if I can handle all that shoveling again.  There were a couple of months last winter that the plowing bill was higher than the fuel bill.  That just doesn't seem right.

Last night I got up about 3AM.  I thought someone had left a light on outside.  When I went to check, it was the moon.  I'm glad I got to see the moon.  With all this rain, the sky has been pretty cloudy. When I got up this morning the moon was on the side of the mountain out the front window.  I tried to take a picture, but it just did not do the moon or the mountain justice. 

Yesterday on my way into town for the Seward Music and Arts Festival (which was all the fun), I saw the brightest rainbow.  I've not seen a rainbow that bright in a long long time.  I even stopped at the side of the road and just watched it for a few minutes.

I think tonight will be the last night for B and B guests.  This has been a very long season.  I started back in the middle of May.  If I can have this kind of B and B season from now on, I'd be a happy camper.  It is a true miracle.  I already have reservations for next June.  The funnest part about this past Summers guests, most of them were from foreign countries.  This is one of the biggest reasons I started the B and B.  I get to meet the most wonderful people and touch their lives on their trip to Alaska.  Most of the time their Alaska trip is either a "Bucket List Trip" or a "Trip of a Lifetime". 
If you know of anyone coming to Alaska next Summer, send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment