Friday, November 2, 2012

November

Oh, what to write?  There has been a lot going on in my life.  I just had my last B and B guests for the season, unless someone else calls and needs a room.  This season has been unbelievable.  I hope next season is even better. My dream is finally coming true.  The B and B is making enough money to pay several months of mortgage.  I love that money coming into my bank account.  if you know of anyone coming to Alaska next summer and needing a place to stay.  Please contact me at alaskaglaciercreek.com or phone me at 907-362-1584.

Tomorrow may be one of the best days of my Shaklee business.  I'm taking the bull by the horns and doing a holiday showcase.  I'm hoping to get my name out in the Seward crowd.  I'm also advertising an open house for the 17th.  If this does not work, I'm not sure what I will do to get my business off the ground.  I hope I can also get Sandy's name out there.  We need to get her mind off school and onto activities that will make it possible for her to retire at the end of this school year.  

I'm adding something new to my blog.  I am going to start juicing.  I just bought an Omega J8006 juicer.  My adventure will begin on Sunday.  I can hardly wait.  i have lots of veggies and fruits to put through my juicer.  If you have any recipes or ideas for juicing, please let me know.  I want to be healthy wealthy and wise.

It is amazing.  I still have tomatoes growing.  One of my plants has 9 green tomatoes.  I wish I had a heated green house that I could use all winter.  Maybe if my B and B makes lots of money every summer I can build my dream green house.  I'm going to take the Master Gardener Class this winter.  I'm hoping it will motivate me to start my seeds early and grow lots of veggies and flowers.

It is hard to believe that in less than two months it will be 2013.  This spring I will have been retired from teaching for 8 years.  It makes me feel so old.  I keep hearing stories that all the new teachers are so young.  I was young once, but that is not the case any more.  As my Grandfather used to say, you are only as old as you feel.  Some days I feel really old.  Working with some really young gals, makes me realize that the professional office is totally different than what I was brought up to believe in.  

Well, it is time to go to bed.  I'll have to write on m blog angain in the near future.  Once I start writing, it just keeps pouring out of my mind.  See you in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment